Thursday, November 6, 2008

Nice guys don't win reality shows

Last night was an extravaganza of Reality shows. The AMTM model wannabes got lost all over Amsterdam, the Stylistas threw a birthday party for a 10 year old, and acted about 6, and the Top Designers decorated for the finale and Nathan won the whole she-bang. He was the only logical winner, even if the judges didn't seem to think so. I'd live in Ondine's rooms/house--I must have those fuschia sofas--but she's simply not the sort of person who wins these shows. And Nathan's room with the kinetic sculpture was a true winner, even if the sarcophogas was entirely too huge and even if a chandelier made from paper plates sounds like a fire hazard of the highest order (and even if not, wouldn't they turn brown or dirty really fast, or get ripped? I hope they were at least Chinet, and where did they shop that he could get paper plates anyhow?)

Either is Marjorie from AMTM. I'm really quite shocked that there wasn't a woman of color left in the final 5, much less the winner. My money was on Sheena pulling it out and getting more ladylike, but I guess that won't happen. But the others who remain are so boring. There's no way Marjorie, who really looks like a model, but is hopeless, can do one of those Cover Girl commercials so she can't win it all but McKey reads old to me, Sam too commercial, and Annaleigh just blah. Then again I never know who is going to win this show or even have the remotest clue. I can't figure out if last season's winner Whitney is just so very blah that TiVo doesn't even pick her commercials up--and I've even rewound the whole show just to see "My Life as a Cover Girl" twice--or if they've just quit doing it in favor of those "Top Model in Action" slots, which are really pretty interesting. Non-winners from this show really do get real work. Who knew?

Stylista is just so trashy. It isn't a class thing, since these kids clearly range from comfortable to rich (the one with the Chanel dress for daytime), but their behavior is just tacky. I'm sure it's too young for me and unlike on AMTM, there's too little adult supervision or something like that. Hate all of them.

On the other hand, now that I'm caught up, Dirty, Sexy Money just got interesting. Sort of. It's been a long time since I've watched a straight soap opera, but this is it. Still don't care about anyone in particular or find anyone especially attractive--Jeremy only thinks he's Chuck Bass--but it's fun enough. And fun TV is just disappearing it feels like.

No comments: